Friday, April 1, 2011

Catch Us if You Can!

Many of you may know the story of Rebecca and I, but for those of you that don't, let me fill you in real quick. Rebecca is a true Pink veteran, having worked here on and off for 20 years and I have spent the past 18 years in and out of the store, playing dress up, hanging with the employees and, most recently, working full-time (fyi:Libby is one of the owners and also my mom, if you couldn't tell :) ). Therefore, I've known Rebecca for ALMOST my whole life! And she'll be the first to tell you that when she was my age, she would babysit me for nights at a time while my mom was out of town, over in our old house on Greenway Lane. She'd try her best to keep me and my friends contained in the basement in front of the TV while she and Christian, Kelly and Erin (all former Pink employees) would hang out upstairs, but most of the time we'd end up intermingling. I guess this was all foreshadowing, because 15 years later we're still hanging out! And working together! On paper, our lives appear very different: she's married and has two sweet (and well-behaved) children, and I'm 26 and still trying to find my way in the world. However, in reality, we're very much alike and over the years, our bond has morphed into this friendship/sisterly/sometimes maternal type relationship. Sometimes we just need to sit around, drink wine and laugh, other times we have to coach each other through daily dilemmas such as what to wear to a specific function or how to work through a problem with a friend, and sometimes I just need some motherly advice, like how to cure perpetual dry skin or get a stain out! Needless to say, we know a LOT about each other, so when I decided to run the Monument Ave 10K this year, I knew that Rebecca was the perfect running mate for me. For starters, she's the ultimate Seal Team diva- if I had a dollar for every time she tried to convince me to come to Bring a Friend Day "just to try it out", I'd be RICH!!! And secondly, we needed more than one person to represent PINK!! Moral of the story is we'll be out there tomorrow morning, bright and early with our black hair up and our running shoes on! So keep an eye out and give a shout if you see us whiz by...thanks Rebecca for being my support team, I hope you know what you're getting yourself into :) LOVE YOU!

xo
Jaime

4 comments:

  1. Good luck from all of us at clementine and clover!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I am teared up! Thank you for keeping me in the "young loop!" Never would I have forseen such a great friendship develop, Jaime. We share clothes, work, whine (wine), laugh and live life with each other. Tomorrows 10K will be yet another memorable moment. If we keep up this trend, you may just accept my endless Bring A Friend Day invitation by the time you are 40! ;). To us and LET'S GO RAMS!! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. whine (wine)- clever!! i'm so excited to have celebratory scorn women with you tomorrow night! xx

    ReplyDelete