Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Deck The Halls- but not quite yet please!!

Breaking news: I just saw a news story on MSNBC with a story that Nordstrom will not celebrate/decorate for Christmas until Black Friday. God bless them and let's hope other retailers follow their lead. Please, one holiday at a time! I think the joy of the holidays have been ruined by commercialization. Nobody loved Christmas more than me but years of retailers advertising the holiday earlier and earlier has made it ugly. I used to love Christmas music ... Mom and I would pull out sing-along with Mitch Miller and sing carols all night and we were glued to the tv, watching Christmas specials with Dean Martin and their ilk. Those were the days! Retailers did great business without reminding us every second from Oct 15th to Dec 24th with advertisements. So I raise my eggnog to Nordstrom and say hallelujah!
-DB

No comments:

Post a Comment